Church Music Director Position Available
All Shepherds Lutheran Church (Lewis Center, OH) is seeking a faith-directed part-time Music Director to lead the Music Ministry Program in coordination with the music staff, musicians, and pastors in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and spiritual needs. The successful candidate will be able to balance the preparation of a weekly adult choir anthem and teaching good choral vocal skills with a bit of fun. We hope to fill this position by July 1, 2016.
- Provide musical leadership for church by overseeing the music ministry program in coordination with existing music staff (piano accompanist, contemporary service director, handbell choir director, children’s choir director), musicians, and pastors.
- Direct adult choir weekly at Sunday morning service(s) and lead weekly rehearsals (Sept – May); plan, select, and purchase music; provide leadership and recruitment.
- Plan and organize seasonal and summer special music in coordination with the pastors and many talented musicians of the church.
- Support existing music programs, such as annual Christmas Program and annual Talent Show, while offering fresh ideas for new programs and musical outreach.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Applicants must have vocal choir directing experience; a Bachelor’s Degree in music is preferred.
- Must love music and be excited about leading a congregation through music.
- Must be creative and energetic.
- Must be a good communicator, work well with others, and be comfortable leading teams.
- Must be open to variety of music genres.
- Accompaniment skills preferred: Candidate would ideally be interested in accompanying early traditional service each week on piano and/or playing keyboard on Sunday with the contemporary music team. Substitute for primary accompanist for largest Sunday service on occasion.
Annual compensation will range from $8,000 to $10,750, depending on the level of participation in accompanying the other worship services on piano and keyboard. Salary will be divided into 12 equal monthly payments and will include 4 Sundays off per year.
Interested parties please submit resume via e-mail to All Shepherds Lutheran Church at email@example.com by May 18th